If you’re looking for a safe way to store your fuels or gas, you might consider investing in a gas can. When it comes to getting a gas can, there are several variables to consider. Choosing a can to purchase might be difficult, which is why we have carefully chosen our top picks of gas cans made in the United States. Below is the list of gas cans made in the USA.
- Eagles gas can
- Justrite gas can
- Garage boss
You will find a detailed review of these gas cans made in the USA, including their pros and cons. First, you can read through this list, and then we will guide you through how you can purchase any of the gas cans made in the USA.
Gas Cans Made In The USA
Here are our top picks for the Gas Can Made in USA.
Eagle Gas Can
Eagle Manufacturing Company was founded in 1894 and is into the manufacturing of storage products such as gas cans. The company has its headquarters in Wellsburg, VA. It ensures that all its products meet the standards for quality assurance by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards.
Eagle UI-10-FS Red Galvanized Steel Type I Gasoline Safety Can
- Type I safety can used to store, transport, and dispense flammable liquids safely; comes with a funnel to facilitate filling and pouring
- Made of galvanized steel, which is resistant to rust, dents, and certain chemicals; powder-coated finish resists scratches, chipping, fading, and other wear
- Flame arrestor helps prevent liquids inside the can from igniting and keep flames from spreading
- Spout cap self-closes to help prevent leaks or spills; cap assembly opens automatically to vent internal vapors
- FM Approved; complies with OSHA Standard 1910.106 for the safe storage and handling of flammable liquids
This gas can have an 8 inches height and diameter of 9 inches and comes with one funnel. It is excellent for storing and transporting gas safely. The funnel is made of high-density polyethylene, and it makes filling and pouring more accessible, and with the galvanized steel, the can does not rust easily.
This gas can have a powder-coated finish to resist scratches and wear. With the flame arrested, liquids inside the can will not ignite. The flame arrester also prevents flames from spreading.
It also comes with a spout cap that closes on Its own and prevents the liquid from spilling. It can come in different colors, which will help you separate and identify the various liquids in them.
The colors are; blue for kerosene, green for oil or other combustibles, red for gasoline, or yellow for diesel.
This 5-gallon gas can is FM-approved and complies with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standard for safely storing and handling flammable liquids.
- Easy to remove the funnel and fill the can
- The steel is water-resistant and durable
- Does not swell or shrink due to temperature changes
- It is not easy to get gas into it because the funnel acts as a barrier
The eagle gas can come in different sizes, shapes, and colors, such as the
- Eagle UI-50-FS Red Galvanized Steel Type I Gasoline Safety Can. This type also comes with a Funnel. It is a 5-gallon Capacity gas can with a dimension of 13.5″ in height and a diameter of 12.5″ Diameter
- Eagle UI-20-FS Red Galvanized Steel Type 1 Gasoline Safety Can. It has a funnel with a 2-gallon Capacity, a dimension of 9.5″ in height and 11.25″ in diameter.
Justrite Gas Can
Justrite 7220120 Type II Gas Can
- Safety Cabinets & Cans
- Manufacturer: Justrite Safety Group
- Made in: United States
- Package Dimensions: 11" L x 10" W x 10" H
This gas can is made of a 24-gauge galvanized steel. The body is finished with tough powdered paint to withstand stress. It has a flexible hose, 9 inches long, used to pour into small openings. This gas can is a type 2 gas can and can be used to store gases and fuels safely. This gas can meet OSHA and NFPA Code requirements. It is UL and ULC listed, and FM approved.
- It comes with a horse for targeted pouring.
- Available in different sizes and different colors to help you separate the liquids properly
- Even though it is made of high coated steel, it may be subject to rust since it is made of steel.
Justrite 7150100 Type I Galvanized Steel Flammables Safety Can
- Safety Cabinets & Cans
- Manufacturer: Justrite Safety Group
- Made in: United States
- Precision arrester screen stops flashback ignition to reduce fire risks
- Superior chemical resistance
This gas can is composed of high-grade coated steel and is simple to use. All of the gas cans are put through rigorous testing to ensure that they are completely leak-proof. This container only has one aperture, which is used for filling and dispensing. It’s a class 1 safety gas can, which means it’ll keep your gas and fuel safe. It also complies with OSHA and NFPA Code requirements, is UL and ULC listed, and FM approved.
Just like other Justrite brands, you can safely store your fuel. It comes with a funnel that is used for pouring into smaller openings. It has different sizes of 1, 2, 2.5, and 5 gallons.
GARAGE BOSS GB351 Briggs and Stratton Press ‘N Pour Gas Can
- 5+ Gal of volume is perfect for medium to large size gas powered equipment
- Control flow with simple press button
- Spill control with included spout extension
- EPA and CARB compliant design
- Available in all 50 states
This gas can is different from the other ones mentioned above. It has a button that you can press to make the fuel flow. It is much easier because you do not need to twist or push the can. When you are done filling your machine, you can release the button to stop fuel flow.
To control the flow of fuel, the press and pour button is attached to prevent spilling. The spout extension is made to be translucent so that you can see the guild entering the opening. You can also remove the spout extension to have a faster flow rate.
This 5-gallon gas can keep your gas running throughout the year. There is also a child-safe cap that prevents spills and stops the fumes from escaping.
- It has a button that controls the flow of fuel
- It is made of plastic and does not rust
- It does not have a volume marker and makes it impossible for you to know your gas level accurately.
No-Spill 1450 5-Gallon Poly Gas Can
- Specs: Description: 5 Gallon Fuel Can, Push button control, Auto flow stop, Fastest flow rate in the industry, Large neck opening with wide, stable design, Extra handle in back for heavy lifting, Professional quality, Made in the USA, EPA, California, and CPSC compliant, Sold individually, 15" HT x 10" W x 15" D
- Replaces OEM Numbers: No-Spill: 1450, Stihl: NOSPILLCAN 5.0, Toro: 127-3202
- Stens branded parts are trusted by professional dealers to perform OEM quality repairs. The Stens name is featured on all Genuine Stens product packaging.
This gas can come in different gallon sizes. It also comes in different colors to differentiate the fluids; yellow for diesel and blue for kerosene. There is an auto-stop feature on the nozzle that prevents fuel from overflowing. There is a button that controls the flow of fuel.
When you press the button, the fuel starts flowing and stops when you release the button. This gas can have a wide and stable design and a fast fuel flow rate of 3 gallons per minute. The wider bottom improves stability and reduces the chance of the fluids tipping when stored or during transit.
- It has a wide design that prevents tipping
- It has a fast fuel flow rate
- It is made of plastic, and there could be leaching of materials into the liquid.
Surecan 5 Gallon Self Venting Gasoline Fuel Can
- 5-GALLON GAS CAN: 5-gallon gasoline fuel can helps fill your big machines, no painful bending, tipping, or awkward holding required; Dimensions (D x W x H): 13.1 x 10.24 x 15.61 inches
- 180-DEGREE NOZZLE: 180-degree flexible rotating nozzle makes pouring gas into your lawnmower or snow blower easier
- SMOOTH & CONTROLLED FLOW: Self-venting for smooth fuel flow and minimal spillage; Thumb trigger releases gas on your command, making sure you're always in complete control
- COMFORT GRIP HANDLES: Bottom handgrips help you support the weight and keep your fingers comfy
- SAFE & DURABLE: Durable HDPE material stands up to the elements for long-term dependability; Child-proof nozzle cap with integrated tether ensures safety; Flame mitigation device in fill neck adds another layer of protection
With the surecan 5-gallon gasoline fuel can, you do not have to go through the stress of bending the can to pour out your gas. The spout is flexible and can rotate at 180 degrees. As a result, you can comfortably fit the nozzle into any container or part you want to fill.
Next, pull the safety trigger back and press the thumb button to pour the gas. There is a flame mitigation device in the fill neck and a child-proof cap. The self-venting allows for a smooth fuel flow and reduced spillage, and with the thumb trigger, you are always in control of the gases released. The handles are easy to grip, and the can is made with a high-density polyethylene material that provides long-term durability and ensures its safety.
- It has a flexible spout that can rotate
- It is easy to grip with the handle
- It is made of plastic and may not be durable
Things you should consider when buying gas cans
There are some factors that you should consider when buying gas cans. These factors include;
Size of the gas can
When you want to buy a gas can, you should consider the size of the can. Your choice of size may vary depending on what you want to use the gas can to do. For instance, if you’re going to buy a gas can for a small machine such as a lawnmower, you may decide to go for the 2.5 gallons, but when you want to store gas for a generator, you can consider the 5 gallon can. The bigger your gas can, the more the amount of gas it should contain, and so you should check properly before buying a gas can.
The material it is made of
Before buying a gas can, you should also note that the material the gas can is made of has a significant role. Each of these materials has its benefits and limitations. For example, plastic gas cans do not rust, but sometimes the plastic particles may leach into the gas.
On the other hand, gas cans made with metal might rust, but they are more durable than plastics.
Design of the gas can
Gas cans come in various designs. There are type 1 and type 2 gas cans. Type 1 gas cans have a single opening to fill and dispense the gas. Type 2 gas cans have two spaces. One of the openings fills the gas, while the second opening dispenses the gas. Generally, type 2 gas cans also have a flexible horse used for filling, and they are mostly easier to use.
Depending on the use of the gas can, you should choose a gas can that is safe to use and has safety features incorporated into it. Some of these safety features include;
- The no-spill spouts are used to reduce the chances of the gas spilling
- Release controls. Some cans have release controls that when they are pressed, the gas begins to flow and stops when you take your hands off them. These also help to ensure safety.
These are all gas cans made in the USA!
Luckily, there are many brands making gas cans within the USA. Most of them have been doing it for a long time!
Be sure to check any of these out.
You can pick any gas cans to store your fuel and gases safely.
If you liked this, you’ll love
- Nutrient Survival Review: A Buyers Unbiased Review - May 12, 2022
- How to keep an Umbrella From Flipping Inside Out (Easy Trick) - May 11, 2022
- Why dinnerware is so expensive - May 10, 2022
Last update on 2022-05-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API